Job Title: Account Manager
Company: Captivate Exhibits
Status: Full Time
Compensation: Salary, commission, and Incentives
Accountable to: Director of Sales and Marketing
Date Update: 6-10-22
Generally, Business Hours – Weekdays – Must be able to travel nationally and work some nights and weekends
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to apply
Our Mission Ideal:
At Captivate Exhibits our mission statement is “Empowering people to become the Best Version of themselves by living our Core values for the Glory of God.” We recognize that our strength is developing and sustaining long term relationships with our team members by having a great culture and help them grow by continually surpassing expectations. We diligently strive to achieve this goal by cultivating these relationships through distinguished personal and business integrity. Our commitment to innovation in the trade show display industry and total customer satisfaction creates success for you and our company. Our calling is to be charitable with the fruits of our mission for the betterment of society for the Glory of God.
We are looking for people who want to live this ideal and become an integral part of our team!
The sales professional/account manager will be responsible for a myriad of duties as they manage client expectations. The role is very multi-faceted, the primary role is interacting at a very deep client facing level. Most of this client interaction will be done after a “sale of a display, or event” has been determined. The interaction and new client sales will be managed primarily at the Account Executive level; however, the Account Manager will be integral in the process assisting the Account Executive on many levels. Primarily in this role the Account Manager will play the major part in the planning and execution of the said job, thus managing every aspect from start to finish of a display or event. The AM will collaborate closely with all team members but be known as the “captain” of a job that is placed in que. The AM will work closely with the project managers, design team, estimators, shop hands, and at times the Account Executive. The Account Manager will manage and create the execution documents of each aspect of a display that will travel to a trade show or event. The Account Manager will also be intimately involved in a variety of other roles that assist in the project being completed and ready for shipment to the said event. The account manager will oversee yet not perform many of the daily tasks such as material purchases, design/estimate phases, but at times may create show service orders, all the while seeing that the clients budget expectations are met. The Account manager will perform daily activities within their peer group (sales team) and interact with the various departments that support the sales function and process. With direction from the Director of Sales, a specific set of personal goals and metrics will be assigned, which ultimately measure total productivity and client engagement. A scorecard approach will be implemented to monitor and report on definable metrics on a weekly, monthly, and annual basis.
Key Duties and Management Responsibilities:
- Effectively develop and implement his/her individual account plan. manage, and execute all clients’ sales programs and his/her individual revenue plan
- Create annual sales projections using a pipeline filling process while being accountable for achieving sales revenues, and exceeding the company’s gross margin targets
- Maintain and input all client activity into the Exhibit Force CRM daily and use the CRM to effectively manage the business on his/her desk.
- In concert with his/her peers in the sales/account group, develop new strategies for high level retention of current clients, and develop a strong plan of “how” (the life of a project document will be used as a model) for how each client will be managed and retained.
- Provide regular reporting against client, and revenue-mandated objectives and metrics.
- Work with the marketing manager to best utilize both social media, networking, and trade show attendance as ways of creating awareness of our account strategies and how we aim to be unique in the marketplace.
Other key job functions and duties.
- Building of an individual project plan in accordance with company goals and objectives
- Analyze data that is driven off the CRM, and account funnel, client retention metrics, KPI’s and develop/adjust sales plan in order to convert leads and drive sales.
- Attend various trade shows that your clients participate in, provide supervision where applicable and be a leader for the coordination of the routing, install, and dismantle, gather leads while on the trade show floor (Some travel is required)
- Attend various networking events to garner and promote and support the individual sales process and business model
- Will work with the Sales manager on many key initiatives, all AE’s as to function as back up on key selling clients, and projects.
- Work closely with the director of sales to identify key drivers of business development strategies that work best for the individual Account Manager. (On rare occasions)
- Dedicated to 100% customer satisfaction and representation of Captivate Exhibits in a positive and confident manner.
- Committed to maintaining and living “Our Core Values.”
- Execution and Utilization of our 360 processes
- Excellent organizational skills; attention to detail and accuracy.
- 3-5 years of Industry and tradeshow or related skills, to include event planning and coordination and or marketing experience.
- Entrepreneurial approach to reaching out beyond the boundaries of our business plan
- Must be able to effectively multitask well under pressure, in a professional business environment
- Ability to drive measurable, sustainable results.
- Must have a record of reliability and personal integrity and represent Captivate Exhibits in a positive and confident manner, fitting the culture as exemplified by the company’s core values.
- Ability to communicate well with coworkers and clients.
- Proficient computer skills with knowledge in Excel, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, and all windows-based products
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to provide critical outstanding customer service with a dedication to 100% customer satisfaction.
- Must have some working knowledge of CRM and its functions
- Have a strong work ethic, be a disciplined and motivated team player with good people skills
- Must present a well-groomed, professional appearance.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The essential functions include, but are not limited to, providing outstanding customer service; using the company’s resources for fulfilling sales orders; selling exhibit products and services to prospects; working with minimal direction and supervision; communicating with prospects, clients, vendors, and team members through email and phone; clearly verbally communicating details effectively in personal and group settings; completing multiple sales activities using a variety of databases, maintaining accurate and timely records; ensuring confidentiality of all proprietary information; and being able to travel locally and out-of-town, when necessary at least 20% of the time. Must have full speech, vision, hearing, and mobility, with or without reasonable accommodations, and meet all the requirements of Captivate Exhibits including passing a physical, criminal background check, and drug test. Must possess a valid driver’s license. This list of essential functions may be supplemented, as necessary.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee will perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned. Captivate Exhibits reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. EOE