Job Title: Project Coordinator
Company: Captivate Exhibits
Status: Full Time
Compensation: Hourly, Based on Qualifications
Hours: Business Hours – Weekdays 40 Hours per week (Must be able to work flexible hours as needed)
Reports to: Estimating / Show Services Manager
If interested in learning more, please contact Brian Magliocco, Director of Culture and Engagement.
Please send resume to careers@CaptivateExhibits.com
Our Mission Ideal:
At Captivate Exhibits our mission statement is “Empowering people to become the Best Version of themselves by living our Core values for the Glory of God.” We recognize that our strength is developing and sustaining long term relationships with our team members by having a great culture and help them grow by continually surpassing expectations. We diligently strive to achieve this goal by cultivating these relationships through distinguished personal and business integrity. Our commitment to innovation in the trade show display industry and total customer satisfaction creates success for you and our company. Our calling is to be charitable with the fruits of our mission for the betterment of society for the Glory of God.
We are looking for people who want to live this ideal and become an integral part of our team!
Responsible for assisting the Sales, Project Management and Operations Departments in the execution of exhibit and display production, ensuring the projects are completed on time according to quality standards, budget, and meeting all client requirements and our 100% customer satisfaction guarantee.
Three (3) Key Responsibilities:
Effectively manage the resources assigned to the project, which includes:
- Pre-production Planning
- Reviewing prospective projects and estimates with sales prior to proposal submission to determine feasibility
- Participating in pre-construction/production meeting to verify expectations
- Developing project schedules
- Generating appropriate work orders & purchase orders
- Addressing any questions
- Production of Exhibits
Work with Operations Manager, Designers & Sales during production phase to ensure all specifications and requirements are met
- Attending final client viewing along with the account executive to respond to any issues that may develop prior to packing and shipping
- Maintaining change order log on all projects and ensuring all changes are noted on reports for updating and final invoicing
- Ensuring resolution of engineering and production problems
Maintaining all digital and paper files and logs on all billing information, including drawings files
- Responsible for the purchasing of all vendor goods and services and corresponding Purchase Orders
- Close out jobs by verifying labor and materials, and documenting work performed including list of chargeable extras
- Expediting and review vendor invoices and paperwork in conjunction with Sales and Administrative Department
- Final closing and sign-off of jobs, before sending to Sales Account Executive for invoicing
Show Services Coordination:
This position is working under the guidance of the Estimating and Show Services Manager, assisting with the following:
- Completing timely and accurate orders for trade show services using floor plans, sketches, renderings, oral and written descriptions, and other sources of information
- Obtaining price quotes from show service vendors
- Identifying and gathering information on trade shows, including addresses, contact names, due dates, etc.
- Developing production and shipping schedules
- Generating appropriate purchase orders
- Maintaining change order logs on projects and ensuring all changes are noted on reports for updating and final invoicing
- Ordering of materials and supplies as needed
- Review invoices from vendors and pass on to sales and accounting departments for final invoicing
- Expediting vendor invoices and paperwork in conjunction with Administrative Department
- Maintaining digital and paper files and logs on all client information, including drawings and photographs
- Adding files, drawings, quotes, photographs to job file in Exhibit Force
- Assistance where needed in the Show Services Department
In the future, estimating will become part of job which includes developing project cost, how long the project will take to complete, and how much revenue the project should generate, by considering factors such as labor costs, material costs, manufacturing costs. The position is responsible for maintaining ongoing relationships with all suppliers and vendors.
Skills, Experience and Education:
- Working knowledge of woodworking, construction, and associated materials a plus
- Knowledge of trade shows, show management and phases of exhibit design and production, prices and standards are a plus however not essential
- Education Requirement: Minimum high school education
Computer skills to work in Excel, Outlook, ERP which includes asset management software
- Dedicated to 100% Customer Satisfaction
- Live our Culture and our Core Values of Company
- Communication and outstanding customer service skills are critical to represent Captivate Exhibits in a positive and confident manner with both Team Members and our Clients
- Must present a well groomed, professional appearance.
- Must have full speech, vision, hearing, and mobility, with or without reasonable accommodations, and meet all the requirements of Captivate Exhibits including a physical, criminal background check and drug test.
- Valid driver’s license
Preferred: Excellent professional and character references.
Essential Functions: The essential functions include, but not limited to; computer data input for operations and sales; seeing computer monitors clearly from four feet away; sitting for extended periods of time; operating a phone, accurately tracking, and maintaining business records ensuring confidentiality of all company information. This list of essential functions will be supplemented as necessary.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee will perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned. Captivate Exhibits reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. Equal Opportunity Employer.