Job Title: Display Builder/Carpenter
Company: Captivate Exhibits
Hours: Business Hours – Weekdays (Must be able to work flexible hours as needed)
Reports to: Shop Team Leader
Our Mission Ideal
At Captivate Exhibits our mission statement is “Empowering people to become the Best Version of themselves by living our Core values for the Glory of God.” We recognize that our strength is developing and sustaining long term relationships with our team members by having a great culture and help them grow by continually surpassing expectations. We diligently strive to achieve this goal by cultivating these relationships through distinguished personal and business integrity. Our commitment to innovation in the trade show display industry and total customer satisfaction creates success for you and our company. Our calling is to be charitable with the fruits of our mission for the betterment of society for the Glory of God.
We are looking for people who want to live this ideal and become an integral part of our team!
This position is primarily responsible for fabrication of exhibit components, assembly of completed display and custom crating for finished displays while meeting all client requirements and our 100% customer satisfaction guarantee.
- Review of provided construction drawings and instructions prior to fabrication
- Pull required raw materials from new or stock inventory
- Cutting and machining of required parts from plywood, dimensional lumber, laminate, etc.
- Assembly of parts to fabricate display components
- Assembly and integration of other components such as electrical, lighting and metal trim
- Finish components with laminate, paint or stain
- Various components to be fabricated-
- Wall panels
- Product Risers
- Modular Components with laminate panels and aluminum extrusion systems
- Assemblies to hold and display graphics
- Assist in final construction of new or existing exhibit components for viewing by client
- Disassemble and pack for shipment
- Pull displays from storage
- Repair, clean & prepare for shipment to show
- Layout of custom crates to protect exhibit components during shipment and storage
- Cut raw materials for custom crating
- Construct Crate exterior and internal custom blocking
- Inventory crate contents and stencil crate exterior
- Repair of existing crates coming back from shows
- Material and time entry in job tracking software
Required Skills, Experience and Education
- Proficient use of various wood and metal working equipment to include-
- Table Saws, band saw, drill press, miter saw, routers, laminate spray and trimming tools, sanders, etc.
- Dedicated to our Customer Satisfaction Guaranty and Living our Culture and Core Values of Company
- Communication, and outstanding customer service skills are critical in order to represent Captivate Exhibits in a positive and confident manner with both Team Members and our Clients
- Must present a well-groomed, professional appearance.
- Must have full speech, vision, hearing, and mobility, with or without reasonable accommodations, and meet all the requirements of Exhibit Systems including a physical, criminal background check and drug test.
- Valid driver’s license
- Excellent professional and character references.
- Working knowledge of exhibit set up and dismantle
- Material Handling/Forklift Experience
- Ability to read accurate drawings
- Knowledge of all phases of exhibit design and production and of prices and standards
The essential functions include, but not limited to; use of power tools, material handling, pulling and packaging displays, assisting with exhibit installation, lifting 50+ lbs., computer data input. This list of essential functions will be supplemented as necessary.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee will perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned. Captivate Exhibits reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. Equal Opportunity Employer.