Job Title: Director of Finance & Administration (Controller)
Status: Full Time
Department: Finance & Administration
Accountable to: President
Date Update: 1/7/2022
Hours: Normal Business Hours – Weekdays (Must be able to work flexible hours as needed)
If interested in learning more, please contact Brian Magliocco, Director of Culture and Engagement.
Please send resume to careers@CaptivateExhibits.com
Our Mission Ideal:
At Captivate Exhibits our mission statement is “Empowering people to become the Best Version of themselves by living our Core values for the Glory of God.” We recognize that our strength is developing and sustaining long term relationships with our team members by having a great culture and help them grow by continually surpassing expectations. We diligently strive to achieve this goal by cultivating these relationships through distinguished personal and business integrity. Our commitment to innovation in the trade show display industry and total customer satisfaction creates success for you and our company. Our calling is to be charitable with the fruits of our mission for the betterment of society for the Glory of God.
We are looking for people who want to live this ideal and become an integral part of our team!
The Director of Finance & Administration contributes to the organization’s mission by overseeing all accounting and financial operations of the organization. Directs financial activities of the organization by performing duties personally or through staff and various department managers. Directs and plans the preparation of reports that summarize and forecast the company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses and earnings, based on past, present and expected operations.
Directs all office management and human resource functions for the welfare of all employees including payroll and benefits of the company, while maintaining cost control of all benefit programs.
Oversees and directs all functions of the contracted managed services IT provider. Assuring proper IT support of all network operations, efficient services to users, and maintains cost control of all computer expenses and asset purchases. Assures implementation of short and long-term computer asset and software projects and plans.
The Director of Finance & Administration needs to be model of the way we conduct business, always endeavoring for continuous improvement while Living Our Core Values and working towards the greater good of the business and our people/Culture.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Leadership/ Management Role
- Will serve of the Leadership Team which utilizes the Entrepreneurial Operating Systems (EOS) as our way of leading the company.
- Overall supervision and oversight of the financial operations including the production of financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and segregation of duties designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the organization’s financial results, and ensure that financial reports comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Lead, manage and hold staff accountable. Monitor workflows, efficiency and accuracy; provide positive direction and training as required to maximize their abilities. Hire and elevate staff as needed to grow the department and drive the company strategic plan.
- Oversee Human Resource as it relates to payroll and benefits and IT functions related functions
- Oversees all bank account balances, loans and lines of credit.
- Oversees all accounts, subsidiary ledgers and reporting systems to ensure compliance with appropriate general accepted accounting principles and regulatory requirements.
- Oversees that all accounts receivable transactions for invoicing, job costing and collections.
- Oversees all accounts payable related functions including vendor invoices and credit cards.
- Reviews and approved weekly check runs, of all vendor invoices in a timely manner; maintaining numerical control of accounts payable checks.
- Prepares and processes bi-weekly payroll; preparing and entering related journal entries and assures availability of funds. Tracks employee PTO usage and updates balances through Paylocity software.
- Reconciles each month and enters appropriate journal entries for all checking, money market and investment accounts.
- Approves, enters, and reconciles monthly each loan payment and assures posting of payments to bank account.
- Prepare monthly sales tax reports and process tax payments. Enter journal entry adjustments as needed for discounts.
- Records purchase and disposition of fixed assets in fixed asset subsidiary ledger; determining appropriate useful life; calculating and recording monthly depreciation expense; and reconciling fixed asset subsidiary ledger to accounting software.
- Preparing, reconciling and making necessary journal entries in the QuickBooks accounting software monthly to record and adjust all revenue, prepaid expenses, customer deposits and work in process.
- Reconciling all balance sheet, income and expense accounts monthly.
- Issuing timely, accurate and complete financial statements on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis, including calculation of variances from budget and prior year, analysis of those variances, and reporting significant variances to management.
- Prepares weekly and monthly cash flow position report.
- Preparing detailed revenue and expense reports, including comparison of actuals to budget.
- The preparation of the annual budget and monthly forecasts updates, including entering the budget into the accounting software and preparing budget amounts for income and expenses; preparing budget and actual reports for all individual revenue and expense accounts and distributing to responsible departmental leadership; assisting department leaders with preparation of budget for their assigned accounts; and preparing and updating forecasts as appropriate.
- Verify and submit 401(k) deferrals and company matching funds.
- Prepare and file annual Statement of Personal Property with the city Assessor’s office.
- Prepare all accounts for year-end trial balance and financial statements and provide all supporting documentation to Vrakas Accountants for preparation of yearly compilation and corporate income tax returns.
- Maintaining an adequate system of internal controls and segregation of duties.
- Preparing and maintaining a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Informing and training all staff on accounting policies and procedures as they affect staff’s responsibilities, emphasizing necessity for following policies and procedures.
- Oversee of maintaining needed forms, such as expense reports, spending requests, purchase orders, and check requests.
- Complying with local, state and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Comply with Company record retention policy for all accounting records.
Education and Experience Preferred:
A Bachelor’s Degree in Related field in an accounting program and minimum of 5 years’ business administration and a Leadership/Management Role.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Advance knowledge of Financial Software especially QuickBooks, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Knowledgeable about how ERP function
- Flexible, adaptable, detail-oriented and self-motivated.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of organization and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage staff.
- Very adaptable – responds effectively to changes in situation or information; ability to influence others and build consensus using good written and verbal communication skills.
- Lead, Coach and Mentor Design department Team to Greatness
- 100% Dedication to Exhibit Systems Company Culture, Core Values, and our Purpose.
Great customer service orientation and skills. Must have a record of reliable attendance and personal integrity. Must present a well-groomed, professional appearance, with a cheerful and upbeat personality. Ability to work long hours as required. Must have full speech, vision, hearing, and mobility, with or without reasonable accommodations, and meet all the requirements of Exhibit Systems including a criminal background check and drug test. Excellent professional and character references.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the colleague is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk or hear; uses hands to finger, handle, or touch objects or controls. Duties include computer related work 75% of the time. The colleague may lift, push or pull up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, seeing computer monitors clearly from four feet away; distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
This position is an office-based position. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The above statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the principle functions of the occupation described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the occupation.
This job description is not meant to be all-inclusive. The employee will perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned. Exhibit Systems reserves the right to revise or change job duties as needed. This job description does not constitute a written of implied contract of employment. EOE.