Job Title: Business Development Specialist
Status: Full Time
Compensation: Salary and Commission
Accountable to: Vice President of Sales & Marketing
Hours: Business Hours – Weekdays – Must be able to travel and work some nights
Our Mission Ideal
At Captivate Exhibits our mission statement is “Empowering people to become the Best Version of themselves by living our Core values for the Glory of God.” We recognize that our strength is developing and sustaining long term relationships with our team members by having a great culture and help them grow by continually surpassing expectations. We diligently strive to achieve this goal by cultivating these relationships through distinguished personal and business integrity. Our commitment to innovation in the trade show display industry and total customer satisfaction creates success for you and our company. Our calling is to be charitable with the fruits of our mission for the betterment of society for the Glory of God.
We are looking for people who want to live this ideal and become an integral part of our team!
The Business Development Specialist will be responsible for a myriad of key sales, both on an organic level, brand building, product awareness, and client loyalty. This person will play a major part in the execution of an individual sales plan. You will be responsible, with the assistance of the VP of Sales and Marketing, for developing a personal set of sales metrics, measuring that against a scorecard and be able to implement, monitor and report on definable metrics on a weekly, monthly, and annual basis. The Business Development Specialist will create daily prospecting habits that will lead to new client sales.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement an individual sales plan; manage and execute all clients’ sales programs in the individual sales plan.
- Create annual sales projections using a pipeline filling process, while being accountable for achieving sales revenues, and exceeding the company’s gross margin targets
- Maintain and input all client activity into the ERP/CRM daily and use that data to effectively manage the business on his/her desk.
- In concert with the sales team, develop new strategies for retention of current clients while also developing strong outside and organic sales plans to bring in “new” clients.
- Provide regular reporting against client, and revenue-mandated objectives and metrics.
- Work with marketing to best utilize both social media, networking, and trade show attendance as ways of creating your own leads.
- Enhancing and cultivating client relationships, assigned from existing current client base.
- Development of an individual sales plan, to include sales funnel management.
- Analyze data that is driven off the internal ERP/ CRM and sales funnel sales metrics, KPI’s and develop/adjust sales plan to convert leads and drive sales.
- Deliver sales results of new clients, while cultivating relationships with current clients.
- Attend various trade shows that your clients participate at and be a leader for the coordination of the routing, install, and dismantle, as well perform on floor lead generating opportunities. (Some travel is required)
- Attend various networking events to garner and promote and support the individual sales process and business model.
- Work in partnership with the sales team, at times acting as a backup on key clients.
- The Business Development Specialist will spend time developing strategies leading to new business and new partnerships, all while exceeding the stated gross revenue target. You will be held accountable to various business development strategies to grow the pipeline.
- Identify key Business Development strategies that work best for the individual person.
- Dedicated to 100% customer satisfaction and representation of Captivate Exhibits in a positive and confident manner by extolling the virtues of the “Captivate Way.”
- Living “Our Core Values” and Mission Statement.
- Excellent organizational skills; attention to detail and accuracy.
- 3-5 years of selling, or related skills.
- Entrepreneurial approach to reaching out beyond the boundaries of our business plan
- Must be able to effectively multitask well under pressure.
- Ability to drive measurable, sustainable results.
- Must have a record of reliability and personal integrity and represent Captivate Exhibits in a positive and confident manner, fitting the culture as exemplified by core values.
- Ability to communicate well with coworkers and clients.
- Proficient computer skills and a working knowledge of an ERP or CRM system.
- Must present a well-groomed, professional appearance.
- Must have full speech, vision, hearing, and mobility, with or without reasonable accommodations, and meet all the requirements of Captivate Exhibits including passing a criminal background check and drug test.
- Must be legally able to work in the United State and possess a Valid Driver’s license.
- This list of essential functions may be supplemented, as necessary.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee will perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned. Captivate Exhibits reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. Equal Opportunity Employer.