Job Title: Accounts Payable & Administrative Assistant
Hours: General Business Hours – Weekdays 8-5pm (Rotating 4:30pm End Time)
Reports to: Director of Finance and Administration
Department: Finance & Administration
If interested in learning more, please contact Brian Magliocco, Director of Culture and Engagement.
Please send resume to careers@CaptivateExhibits.com
Our Mission Ideal:
At Captivate Exhibits our mission statement is “Empowering people to become the Best Version of themselves by living our Core values for the Glory of God.” We recognize that our strength is developing and sustaining long term relationships with our team members by having a great culture and help them grow by continually surpassing expectations. We diligently strive to achieve this goal by cultivating these relationships through distinguished personal and business integrity. Our commitment to innovation in the trade show display industry and total customer satisfaction creates success for you and our company. Our calling is to be charitable with the fruits of our mission for the betterment of society for the Glory of God.
We are looking for people who want to live this ideal and become an integral part of our team!
Positional Mission Statement:
This position primarily functions in the Finance and Administration department with responsibilities for all Accounts Payable related duties and maintaining the office for clients and staff. Your role will include gathering information and preparing various reports (weekly and monthly), verifying, analyzing, and resolving accounts payables transactions, processing supplier purchase orders, and preparing payments. This role will work with the Director of Finance to pay bills in an accurate and timely manner by verifying and completing accounts payable transactions.
Accounts Payables Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adheres to accounts payable policies and procedures and ensures external and internal controls are followed
- Internally routes vendor invoices for approval utilizing our ERP system. This process verifies invoices are approved and matched to POs to ensure accurate payments to our vendors
- Daily invoice data entry of vendor invoices into QuickBooks
- Paying Bills which includes:
- Entering new vendors and vendor invoices for payments
- Matching, coding accounts, recording invoice for goods and services
- Performing check runs
- Maintains financial security by following all internal accounting controls
- Reconciling all payables to their purchase to ensure accurate payments
- Handles all credit card reconciliation
- Prepares, records, verifies, analyzes, and reports accounts payables transactions
- Prepares Audit Package Backups for accounts payables transactions – Weekly Check Runs as assigned by Director of Finance & Administration
- Demonstrate the ability to overcome barriers and transcend office politics to resolve issues.
- Must be adaptable to respond to the changing needs of the company while staying up to date with company policies.
- Ensures and maintains confidentiality of all company information.
- 100% Dedication to Captivate Exhibits’ Culture, Core Values, and Mission.
Administrative Assistant Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet and welcomes clients, visitors and answer all incoming calls to main office phone with warmth and a welcoming, helpful attitude.
- Maintain Office and Facilities – Keep the whole office in a neat and orderly fashion including clean up Kitchen, Run/Empty Dishwasher, Stock Refreshments in Fridge, Water Plants, etc. and any other office related functions assigned by Director of Finance & Administration and/or Administrative Lead assigns or needs assistance with.
- Mail – Get Mail from Mailbox, Open, and Distribute.
- Order Office Supplies as needed.
Skills, Experience and Education
- Computer skills in Word, Excel, Outlook, ERP (Exhibit Force) related software.
- QuickBooks experience is preferred.
- Must present a professional appearance with a cheerful and upbeat personality.
- Great customer service skills.
- Excellent professional and character references.
- Our Culture: To live and exemplify “Our Core Values”.
- Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the colleague is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk, or hear; uses hands to finger, handle, or touch objects or controls. Duties include 70% computer related work. The colleague may lift, push, or pull up to 25 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, seeing computer monitors clearly from four feet away; distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Required: Excellent professional and character references. Must have a record of reliable attendance and personal integrity. Ability to work longer hours as required. Must have full speech, vision, hearing, and mobility, with or without reasonable accommodations, and meet all the requirements of Captivate Exhibits including a criminal background check and drug test.
- Essential Functions: The essential functions include but are not limited to; computer data input for operations and sales to determine estimation of projects and appropriate follow through after we receive project; seeing computer monitors clearly from four feet away; sitting for extended periods of time; operating a phone, accurately tracking and maintaining business records ensuring confidentiality of all company information. This list of essential functions will be supplemented as necessary.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee will perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned. Captivate Exhibits reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. Equal Opportunity Employer.